March 28, 2017
This blog kicks off our new series that shines the spotlight on our employees’ beloved pets. While many businesses like to showcase their employees (as we’ve proudly done for our staff), at Animal Clinic of Woodruff, we feel like our pets are just as much a part of our clinic family. So in this series, we’re excited to share our love of our furry family members with you.
March 13, 2017
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a disease carried by ticks that can affect dogs and humans. Despite its name, you don’t have to live in the Rockies to risk exposure – the ticks that carry it are found along the East Coast and in the Midwest and Plains regions.
February 23, 2017
Sam Scruggs is one of Animal Clinic of Woodruff’s veterinary technicians. She’s been a vet tech for 12 years, and has been with ACOW for almost 6 of those, having joined our staff in 2011.
January 30, 2017
By now, you’ve probably heard dogs should not eat chocolate. You may have heard stories of worried dog owners rushing sick, near-death pets to the emergency room; then again, you may have also heard owners laughing about their dogs eating entire bags of chocolate candy and being “fine.” While both of these stories are true, it underlines an important fact all veterinarians know: chocolate can be very dangerous for your dog.
January 23, 2017
Office Manager Chris Crenshaw has been a part of Animal Clinic of Woodruff for 16 years – in fact, he helped design and build the clinic!
December 20, 2016
During the holiday season, families are often busier than usual—yet this need to get things done is often foiled by more stores and businesses being closed. The holidays are the last time anyone wants to go to the doctor, vet or other specialist.
December 13, 2016
Anyone who’s been to Animal Clinic of Woodruff has likely seen Rivers the dog – who was most likely napping in his bed.
November 18, 2016
Pancreatitis. Yes, it sounds scary, but depending on when your dog gets veterinary treatment and the severity of the disease, it can often be treatable. That’s why it’s important for all dog owners to understand the signs of pancreatitis.